Volunteering with us
At Volunteer Vietnam, we arrange a safe and clean living place and provide 24/7 support to volunteers while they are staying on our program.
For Da Nang program: We accommodate volunteers in a volunteer house called the Green House. The house is located 04 km from the city center. It is nearby the placement sites of the Social Support Center, the kindergarten schools and the school for the special needs children. It is a three storey house and there are 05 bedrooms equipped with AC, private toilets and bathrooms. In the ground floor, there is a living room and kitchen area where the volunteers have meetings and meals. There is wifi internet, cable TV and laundry facilities. Some of our staff live in the house and are available to help you fix things or give necessary guidance. Volunteers are provided 03 meals per day from Monday to Friday plus breakfast on Saturday morning by our cook Mrs. Nhung. You’ll have a chance to enjoy both Western and Vietnamese cuisines in the volunteer house kitchen. You should budget for all other meals during the weekend. We will recommend some local restaurants near the Green House where they serve Vietnamese food which is delicious.
For Mekong Delta Program: We accommodate volunteers in a hotel where they share rooms with maximum of 02 other volunteers. The hotel is located in the heart of Vi Thanh city, Vietnam. Rooms are equipped with AC, private toilets and bathrooms. The hotel has a big lobby area where there is a space for volunteers and staff to meet, discuss and plan the work. There is a swimming pool in the back of the hotel and the ticket for one swimming is 50 American cents. Laundry is included in the program fee. There are wifi internet and cable TV in the rooms. Volunteers are provided 03 meals per day from Monday to Friday plus breakfast on Saturday morning by the hotel cook. You’ll have a chance to enjoy Vietnamese cuisine in the hotel kitchen. You should budget for all other meals during the weekend. We will recommend some local restaurants near the hotel where they serve Vietnamese food.
TRANSPORTATION, PICK UP AND TRAINING
We provide safe transport to work to volunteers. In Da Nang program, there is a volunteer car which transport you to work everyday. In Mekong Delta prorgam, we provide a taxi to take you to work. Here are the steps for pick up:
- Volunteers let us know the arrival details such as: date and time/ flight, train numbers 02 weeks before arrival at the latest
- During their travel if there are any changes to your arrival, you need to contact us via Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger to update your arrival details
- We are easily recognized at the airport while holding a Volunteer Vietnam name sign at the arrival gate
- Volunteers are picked up by our staff and go by volunteer car
We provide volunteers a two day orientation and trainning program which helps them enter into the program smoothly:
- Day 1: our staff present information about the program and answer questions from the volunteers and a tour around Da Nang city or Vi Thanh city ( in Mekong Delta)
- Day 2: volunteers have chance to observe other volunteers and our staff working at the placement sites. Our staff and other volunteers also teach volunteers to plan lessons and activities during this time
At Volunteer Vietnam our volunteers are a vital part of the team. We like to think of ourselves as a family working together to achieve our goals. Our support staff is available to assist our volunteers with whatever they need to get the most out of their trip to central Vietnam.We work in a team of 10 Vietnamese staff who support volunteers during their placement. Volunteers will get the following support from our staff:
- Helping volunteers to best prepare for their trip by email exchange or Whatsapp conversations.
- Some staff live in the volunteer house and give assistance to volunteers when needed
- Helping volunteers to plan lessons and activities and accompanying volunteers to the placement sites to help with language translation.
- Teaching volunteers about the Vietnamese language and culture and giving tips and guidance in exploring local areas.
o Mrs Vy is a physio therapist and a specialist in education for children with special needs.
o Mrs Ly is an assistant social worker
o Mrs Hien is an assistant English teacher
o Mrs Huyen (Mekong Delta) is an assistant physiotherapist
o Mrs Nhung is a cooker and cleaner of the volunteer house.
𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐁𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓 in Mekong Social Support Center12.04.2021A 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘣𝘺 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘙𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 by the donation from 𝐋𝐞𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐞 ...READMORE...